ArcheAge (KR)



The good folks at XLGAMES are really making their promise stand, with a patch almost everyday so far, the largest standing at a hefty 6GB. After a tough time playing as an archer using the Ferres race, I thought it would be a good time to move on the a familiar mystical being found in almost all fantasy games. With the Elven race, the first class which comes into mind would be "mage", and that's the class I chose this time round.



While the Ferres race got to experience mountain scaling, tree climbing is the mechanic found at the beginning. While not a really "awesome" feature when first mentioned, I can guess players who are exploring the new continents climbing up to have a good look at the area and sight some possible boss mobs. Over at the old continent where the PvP and castle siege are taking place, I guess this is a strategic feature for players to scout any incoming hostiles.



Boat rowing is one of the many transport modes in ArcheAge. Although it is really the beginning of sailing (with sail boats coming later into the game), the speed of traveling on water is the fastest, compared to swimming or riding on a swimming mount *laughs*. I was rather clumsy at the steering part, but I guess that is why I am not doing the same activity in real life :)



The standard mage class is easy to use, with the spells nothing less than gorgeous even at low levels. Yes, point and click, I hear the groans already. But it is not really what ArcheAge is about in the first place. The effects are some I have never experienced in most MMORPGs, and I can't wait to find out what spells me and new monsters can cast as I progress in the game. I guess I will be playing this character for the week or 2 to come. Stay tuned for more footage!





0 comments :

Post a Comment