ArcheAge (KR) CBT4



So, I logged into ArcheAge for the very first time (beyond the character customization section) earlier today, and although I did not have much time, decided to give it a short spin.I chose the Ferres, simply because I thought it looked a lot more different from the other races. The beginning part is pretty much the same as most online games, but there was something about the experience which delighted me.



Even at low levels, players get to try out some of the features, including cliff climbing and especially mounted combat. In most other games, you would have to hit at least mid-level to try such things out. Yes, small features, but it is really the thought that counts in this instance.



Cliff climbing. Some may say it is a useless feature, but when you add secret locations, vines to climb up and hidden mobs, the experience takes a whole new turn. Small, but how many other 3D games have you seen them doing this? Minus those side-scrollers of course =.= Add in a few randomized caves, this feature will sure shine even brighter.



Mounted combat. Not something I really expected to try out at this level, but it was fun nonetheless. My character swung his blades both left and right side, attacking 2 enemies at once if there are any on the two sides. The mount has only 1 skill as well, which is to leap forward and bite the target. I expect more stuff to be added to this feature as the game progresses and for me to try out ranged mounted combat.



Combat. Well, there is auto attack, auto path to attack target similar to most games out there. If you are looking for action combat, just wait till TERA finally hits the English market. The skills system is easy enough, spend some money and you can upgrade or learn those available.



Overall, my first hour or so in the game was really occupied at the thought of trying out those few stuff in the early levels. Well, I may try too hard to make it sound like a big deal, but it was still a refreshing experience for me. I hope I have more time tomorrow, so till then, have a good day!


0 comments :

Post a Comment